All training activities will take place at Duke University's facilities and running trails, which are among the best in the nation with over 30 miles of running trails in the Duke Forest, Duke Gardens, and the Al Buehler Trail. Duke also features the brand new Morris Williams Stadium, one of the top track & field venues in the country. Current and former Duke student-athletes will serve as camp counselors. Instruction includes running workouts, strength training, form drills, stretching, dynamic warm-up routines, racing strategies, and nutrition.
· $595.00 for overnight campers
· $425.00 for extended day campers
· Register at: https://runsignup.com/Race/NC/Durham/DukeRunningCamp
· Registration deadline is July 13th.
· Check-in is at 2:30pm on Wednesday, July 27th at Morris Williams Stadium in the bottom of Kennedy Tower
o Google Pin Dropped near 2001 Frank Bassett Drive, Durham, NC 27705
· Overnight and Day campers should be prepared to run following check-in, the first session will start at 5:00pm.
· Check out is on Sunday, July 31st at 11:00am.
Campers stay two per room in Duke's gothic style dormitories on west campus and are assigned by age and roommate requests. Campers are under constant supervision as counselors live with them while on campus.
· Deposit for Lost Keys - Campers must bring a security check, made to Blue Devil Track Club, in the amount of $100. The security check will be used ONLY if campers lose their key. At the end of camp the deposit check will be returned in full to all campers who return their room key.
EXTENDED DAY CAMPERS
Day campers will begin camp each day with the morning workout and end after dinner (3 meals per day included).
Matt LoPiccolo (Camp Director) BIO
Duke University Assistant Track & Field Coach
Christine Engel BIO
Duke University Head Women’s Cross Country Coach
Shawn Wilbourn BIO
Duke University Associate Head Track & Field Coach
SAMPLE DAILY SCHEDULE
7:20 am Meet/Roll call/Walk to Track
7:30 am SESSION 1 – Trails
8:20 am Roll Call/Walk to Breakfast
8:30 am BREAKFAST
9:45 am Roll Call/Walk to Rec Center
10:00 am SESSION 2 – Group Activity
12:20 pm Roll Call/Walk to Lunch
12:30 pm LUNCH
1:30 pm Free Swim
3:00 pm Roll Call/Walk to Track
3:15 pm SESSION 3 – Recovery
4:50 pm Roll Call/Walk to Dorms
6:00 pm Roll Call/ Walk to Track
6:15 pm SESSION 4 – Track/Trails
7:45 pm DINNER @ Track
8:30 pm Camp Meeting/Back to Dorms
10:30 pm BED CHECK BEGINS
11:00 pm LIGHTS OUT
It is the responsibility of each camper to arrange his or her own transportation to and from camp. Campers flying should book their flights to Raleigh-Durham Airport (RDU), attempting to arrive between 11:00am and 2:00pm on July 27th and departing July 31st after 2:00pm.
2015 CAMPER REVIEWS
5 Stars - Very Professional!
Coaches and staff were very professional, motivational and really understand
teens in the age range. I really liked the structure, and how involved the Duke
coaches were in making everyone feel included and challenged. I will definitely
recommend to friends and I'm looking forward to returning next year.
4 Stars - Friendly and
I loved the camp! They provided me with good information on running
techniques and nutritional values that all runners need. The coaches were
really friendly, but also challenged me a lot.
4 Stars - Boost your summer
The camp is a great way to boost your summer training and have fun!
Reviews & Comments
- No reviews yet.